hmm...what the?

Jason Fruge geocajun at technogeeks.org
Thu Jun 1 03:11:02 CDT 2000

> i just installed redhat 6.2, and now...after i setup the pppd, i cna't
> open ANY applications after it connects...anyone know what is going
> on?  it didn't do this till i added my isp's dns servers to
> resolv.conf or whatever it is.

hmmm check your /etc/resolv.conf after dialing to make sure the dns
servers aren't being overwritten by your pppd, and make sure your
/etc/resolv.conf is mode 0644.
what are you using to dial? I don't use redhat but I understand setting
the ppp0 device up in linuxconf and then 'ifup ppp0' works well. That is
all opinion of course.

--
Jason
geocajun at technogeeks.org

Don't Drink and Park, Accidents Cause People.