Know Your Enemy - Network Security

Ben Webb brwebb at transmuto.com
Fri Jul 14 18:30:10 CDT 2000

I hadn't spent much time on this, but thanks a billion for saving me the time I would have spent!

I should probably finish things up this weekend, once I have the scripts polished I'll try and find
a web site to host them on (don't have a site, myself).  This will be set up to be run as rc
scripts.  For myself I'm probably going to include the startup for snort and scanlogd.  If anybody
else desires this functionality as well, please let me know.

Ben

From: Edgar Allen <era at sky.net>

>This is a pretty good article.  I'm currently working an a set of
>scripts to set IPCHAINS up for the security concious home user.  Right
>now I just need to develop a wrapper for ifconfig so that I can just
>return the IP address.

You could use this:

	ifconfig eth0|sed -n 's/^ *inet addr:([0-9.]*) .*/1/p'