Kepten! Veer Bean Skend!

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Tue Jul 11 04:00:38 CDT 2000

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:53:11 -0500 Rick Palmer <repalmer at sunflower.org>
writes:

> Unless something has changed you need to 2 different NIC cards.  It
> will load the first then use the same module to load the second
> stomping on the first.  I've had luck using a 3 Com and an NE2000 .
> They can be the same brand as long as they don't use the same
> module.

  I have identical NICs in van_pelt...  Here's /etc/modules:

#ext2
#serial
#slhc
#ppp
#the 8390 is required for NE
8390
ne io=0x320,0x240

  Notice that you can use two cards just by separating the io addresses
by a comma.  The order is important, because the first one is eth0, and
the second is eth1.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.