5 July 2000 meeting

Jeff McCright jeff.mccright at southernunionco.com
Wed Jul 5 14:37:28 CDT 2000

I like it!

Jeff McCright
jeff.mccright at southernunionco.com

 ----------
From: kclug at kclug.org
To: kclug at kclug.org
Cc: jeff.mccright at southernunionco.com
Subject: Re: kclug - 5 July 2000 meeting

On Mon, 03 Jul 2000 09:43:52 -0500 Dave Parker <dlparker at dlpinc.com>
writes:

> This is not directly related to structure and organization of the
> LUG, but it's something we might want to think about.  We might
> want to consider approaching some Linux-related companies about
> sponsoring a booth at the upcoming ITEC show on Dec. 6 & 7.
> Having several companies contribute both funding and materials to
> a large booth that we could staff would be a way to get Linux out
> in front of people who might not otherwise be exposed to it.  It's

  Yes!  People who buy systems from the vendors could bring their
machines over for an install on the spot, but more importantly could get
advice pre-purchase on hardware issues (avoid Win[modems|printers], PNP
and USB developments....) and find out where we hang out semi-monthly.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.