Website V1.1

Altona Duston hald at sound.net
Sat Jan 22 21:23:43 CST 2000

Bradley,

Bradley Miller wrote:

> At 02:46 PM 1/22/00 -0600, you wrote:
>
> Ouch -- bad practice.  What if the image changes to a ??? image with the
> same name?

In the long term eventually yes, we need to have all the images together on
the kclug site.  For now it saved me having to floppy around all the images.

> It's not desirable to link an image to a site unless the other
> party knows about it -- since you are taxing their server and making the
> trip for your surfers a much slower one since they'll have to pull against
> another source.

I am trying to find out about getting a photograph taken for our use.  That
way their would be absolutely no question about our rights to use the picture.

> It took less than 3 minutes to modify the pic Robert had
> and drop it in -- and since it's all one image, it's smaller than the other
> image(s) with CSS.

CSS lets me actually do something, trying to justify my existance, because
I don't even know how to import to a graphics program.  Now I can
combine graphics just like anyone else.  The logo is 4k, and the downtown
is 16k, not to bad I guess....

> But we digress . . . who cares what the heck the page looks like or if it
> uses CSS, is visible on Lynx, or is written with Microsoft products.  (I'll
> confess . . . I use Photoshop 5.5.)   There has already been a week (??)
> that the page has sat with the same content (or lackthereof) and it's
> getting close to the next meeting date.   Let's move on!

Yeah, I know,... I did most of this with notepad at work, and floppied it
home and finished it up with vi.  Those are about the only kind of editors
I know how to use.  I did not get started on the page till Wednesday, but
it does have some content, the mailing list archive goes back to August.  I
guess it is time to start arguing over content of the main pages though.

> -- Bradley Miller

Hal Duston
hald at sound.net
Boring is good.