UDMA-66 channel compatibility

Doug Ledbetter dougl at mnu.edu
Wed Jan 19 14:53:12 CST 2000

At 08:11 AM 1/19/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't lilo reside on the MBR of
>the 2GB drive and boot any of the other bootable OSes/partitions
>on the other drives?  I've never tried this, but I believe it's
>a fairly common practice.  Once lilo takes over the boot process
>isn't the BIOS out of the picture?  Lilo can then load anything
>it wants.  Surely someone (Ed?) on the list has already done this...

That might work (haven't tried that), but I'm wondering about Lilo's
ability to work with the UDMA-66 channel...

I'll try that but welcome other suggestions!

THANKS!

-dougl

 Doug Ledbetter        --       Webmaster       --       "The Mad Scientist"
 MidAmerica Nazarene University 2030 East College Way, Olathe, KS 66062-1899
 dougl at mnu.edu           (913)782-3750 x205              http://www.mnu.edu/

  "Whoever shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive
 Christianity will change the face of the world."  --Benjamin Franklin 1778"