KCLUG?!?!?!

Aaron Norton anorton98 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 13:45:24 CST 2000

Just to clear everyone up a little. I was never flaming the person that
built the site. If in fact he is a newbie, then I think he deserves a round
of applause for his efforts.

I was questioning the KCLUG group as a whole. Someone should have stepped
forward and said "Hey, I see you built our website using frontpage. How
about I show you how to use another product so we are not advocating
Microsoft."

I was not part of this group at that time or I would have offered some
assistance. I am not an artist and am horrible at design, but I can do the
code if someone tells me what they want.

I'm sure someone is thinking "OK so why don't you go ahead and fix it since
you are the person that started this whole thing anyway?" The reason I will
not is because after this thread is over I will probably unsubscribe from
your mailing list. If nobody will help a newbie build the website that is to
represent your group, how good can your meetings be.

I would rather drive 1 1/2 hours to go to a meeting where people help each
other out.

In conclusion, if you want to say I was flaming anyone, say I was flaming
the group as a whole. I would never flame a newbie for putting forth the
effort that other members of this group would not.