Corel Linux

Lowell Premer Lowell at kc.rr.com
Mon Jan 10 22:26:35 CST 2000

----------
>From: Chris Midkiff <cmidkiff at kc.rr.com>
>To: kclug at kclug.org

 There are only 4
>buttons on the pannel.  Corel's file manager (Very Explorer-ish, doubles as a
>web browser, and auto-mounts cd's and fdd's), xconsole, a text editor, and help.

    Did you get a WordPerfect shortcut? I did, but I
installed from a shrinkwrap package.
    I share your complaints about Corel taking away
necessary info during boot time, although I guess
you can dmesg most of it.
    I have one good thing to say about it, though;
I put it on last on a test box that has many OS's
on it, and several of them wouldn't boot right and
otherwise offered difficulties. Corel's boot mgr.,
whatever it calls itself, lists them ALL, even BeOS,
and will let you take your time choosing which on you
want to launch from an itemized list on top of that
startup splash you mentioned. That's a good feature,IMO.

RSVP

Lowell