Networking question

Randy Rathbun randy at middlewest.com
Tue Feb 15 17:43:03 CST 2000

I completely understand :)

Just an FYI on the getting the Linksys card running as I know there are going
to be a lot of people getting these in the future (they are the cards that come
with the Linksys 10/100 5 port hub that you can get at Best Buy for $99 - quite
a good bargain, imho)...

The cards are marked as Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Rev 2. They have a wake-on-lan
socket on them, which I don't use. In order to get them to work, you have to go
to the Linksys website and download the latest tulip.c file and compile that
into your kernel or compile it as a module. The tulip.c file that comes with
Redhat 6.1 and before will not work with the rev 2 cards. Here
http://www.linksys.com/support/solution/nos/linux_lne100tx.htm is the Linksys
page that talks about the card.