Networking question

Randy Rathbun randy at middlewest.com
Tue Feb 15 16:57:38 CST 2000

Okay, I slapped a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 rev 2 card in my machine over the
weekend for my impending DSL install tomorrow. I got the card playing finally
(after many hours of hair pulling), but I have a problem I can not seem to
resolve.

When I installed RH6.1, I had no network card. Now I do. The problem is this:
when the machine reboots I have to manually set the card up again to get it
running. Since I am lazy, I don't want to do that.

Where the heck do I need to be looking to get the modules to load on bootup?
Also, shouldn't the machine be doing this anyway? The module is referenced in
conf.modules, and when I go into linuxconf and look it has all the proper
settings, but the card is not starting. I have been finding that I have to go
into control-panel and start the card that way as it shows it as being
inactive.

When the system boots it gets to the eth0: line and it says "Delaying network
startup" or whatever the exact wording is.

Suggestions?

Randy