Meeting minutes for 2-02-2000

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Tue Feb 8 17:31:47 CST 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Ripcrd6 wrote:

> Do you have info to hand out other than CDs?  If we had planned 2-3
> weeks in advance we could have gotten some brochures from Red Hat and
> others.

Yes.  We've been planning this for weeks, and have information and CDs.
We are also printing out some useful information for IT managers and such.
Red Hat, SuSE, TurboLinux, and VA Linux have committed to sending us
stuff.  So far, we've only received CDs and information from TurboLinux
and Red Hat.  The others are supposed to arrive this week.

BTW, I heard back from Red Hat -- they are only contributing freebies and
such to LinuxFest -- they do NOT have a booth there (at least not yet) and
they are not officially sponsoring the event.

J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "If you asked me to name the three        |
| Network Systems Management |  scariest threats facing the human race,  |
| Sprint Communications      |  I'd give the same answer that most       |
o----------------------------|  people would:  nuclear war, global       |
                             |  warming and Windows."                    |
                             |  -- Dave Barry                            |