Mandrake Install -- going nuts!@?#

Dustin Decker dustind at zandura.net
Thu Feb 3 17:05:18 CST 2000

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Bradley Miller wrote:
> Any suggestions?
Two...
First, I personally don't think Mandrake to be all that great a distro.
It's a blatant hack of RedHat, with a few changes that aren't that hard to
apply to RedHat in the first place.

Second, get rid of the IBM diskmanager entirely.  I don't know if it's
the same as the software provided by Western Digital and all, but often
times you have to have the install disk to uninstall it.  You can try to
boot a dos floppy, and do "fdisk /mbr" to perhaps get rid of it, but it
may not totally.  Once you have uninstalled the diskmanager, things will
likely go a bit smoother.

hope this helps...
Dustin

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then
their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil they set out to destroy."