KCLUG DNS?

Kendric Beachey ak at kc.rr.com
Fri Dec 29 19:55:06 CST 2000

Subject: Re: KCLUG DNS?
From: Tommie Giles <tgiles at linuxgruven.com>
To: Kendric Beachey <ak at kc.rr.com>

DNS Servers for kc.rr.com are:
(reading it from my /etc/resolv.conf)

domain.kc.rr.com
nameserver 24.94.163.113
nameserver 24.94.163.114
search kc.rr.com

Setting up a Linux system for DHCP will solve this issue, it will locate the
nameserver on it's own.

You can get a free DNS address by stopping by dyndns.org. If you are using
cable, sign up for a static DNS and download the DDUP utility to update their
servers. I've done it before and works great

tom

On Friday 29 December 2000 10:27 am, you wrote:
> Does anyone know if KCLUG offers a DNS server to members, for use as a
> backup?  For me, it would just be nice to know one off the top of my head
> when I'm configuring a new machine, since it's hard to find out from Road
> Runner where their nameservers live.
>
> On a related note, if we had a DNS server, could it be used as a way of
> pointing to various members' own domain names?  (Provided they had a static
> IP address, of course)

Kendric Beachey
ak at kc.rr.com