XFree86 4.0.2

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Fri Dec 29 14:23:25 CST 2000

You would be better off using a separate video card on a motherboard w/ the
i810 or i815 chipset.  The onboard video is sort of basic AGP video.  And
terrible at that.  All reviews of the onboard video compared to low end AGP
video cards showed the i810 getting its ass whooped, horribly.  That and
sharing your RAM w/ the video is bad.  Standard SDRAM is much slower than
the video RAM on video cards.  If you don't believe this go to
www.arstechnica.com and look for reviews of the chipset.

Brian