cable modem

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Thu Dec 28 20:44:56 CST 2000

If you have already done the cabling, log in as root and type 'dhcpcd',
this configures most network connections.  Then try 'ping altavista.com'
and if that works, you're on the net.  If not, you may have a static IP
address, in which case it will depend on your Linux distribution as to
where you put the static IP information.  If you have 'linuxconf', try
poking around in the network configuration.

More details about system/distro/cable modem company would help.

Later,
	Tony Hammitt