Cable/DSL dilemma

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Fri Dec 22 16:31:13 CST 2000

http://msn.zdnet.com/partners/msn/bandwidth/speedtest500.htm
<http://msn.zdnet.com/partners/msn/bandwidth/speedtest500.htm>

check that link for a speed test.  By segmenting, do you mean that you want
to connect multiple PCs to your cable connection?  If so, why not build a
Linux Firewall/Router?  Try Freesco, it works great for me.
http://www.freesco.org <http://www.freesco.org>   Has an easy setup menu or
you can hand edit the proper text files.  Whatever, pick your poison.  If
you lean more towards the hand editing you can go to
http://www.linuxrouter.org <http://www.linuxrouter.org>  .  And from what I
can tell, cable is better.  For now.

Brian Kelsay