gphoto

Rohde, Drew drohde01 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Dec 18 20:57:09 CST 2000

I have to agree with both Matt and Brian.  One of the best values of being a
part of a group like this is the ability to ask a question as it applies to
your immediate specific need, and get answers from a few different
perspectives.  The books often try to cover big topics in general (like
Linux, or Oracle, etc) and to touch on all areas, but leave the in-depth
details to other sources.
When I first saw the Dummies books coming out, I was also insulted and
wouldn't even look inside.  I was floored when I taught an intro to Unix
class at a community college in Denver and Unix for Dummies was the text!  I
have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised at the way it covered the
topics, and have since changed my opinion of them.  I still hate the name
(Complete Idiot books even more) but the content and presentation are good
for what they cover for the *total beginner*.  A good starting point, but
not enough by itself.

Drew