Tux Image Revisited

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Sat Dec 9 23:28:41 CST 2000

On Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:33:21 -0600 Gene and Amy Dascher
<gdascher at home.com> writes:
> OK, try this one on for size:
>
> http://members.home.com/gdascher/images/tux_2.jpg

  Now, we're getting there.  The glow off the KC make it look like it's
just been pulled from the fire.  BTW, I like the interlocked arrangement,
familar from the Chiefs, Royals, and for that matter Kangaroos, better
than the unlinked "K C".  Now, if we could just get a bit of thickness to
the hat (looks a bit too artifical, like it's made out of paper), and
that texture on the feet, we'd have a damn fine logo that any LUG would
envy!

                        ---

  Oh.  I just looked at a reduced image.  More difficult to make out the
iron.  Probably ought to thicken it up some.  I know that makes the iron
look too big, but that's part of what makes it cute: little Tux looks
like he can barely hold up this oversized branding iron.  Metaphor for
the big job (big iron? like the IBM 390 thing? <g>) that "The little OS
that could" has before it.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.