ISP Linux support

David Goth [XaOs] xaos at kc.rr.com
Wed Aug 30 17:18:14 CDT 2000

> I used to use sound.net as my primary ISP, and had decent dialup
> results when
> living in OP and in KCMO.  I still have the account, although I'm now
> RoadRunnerized.  I telnet into my shell account (Solaris) at
> least once every
> workday, just to check mail.  They haven't had any large-scale
> problems that I
> have been aware of for a couple of years now, and when they do
> have trouble,
> they are good at getting it fixed fast.  Worth a look, I'd say.

Incidentally, I've heard from an employee friend at sound.net that they are
in some difficulties and could either be bought out or go under soon.

Just thought I'd mention it, 'cause I've seen a few other sound.net
addresses on here. (I've been a long-term customer, and have been VERY
satisfied with them. No problems since the upgrades a few years ago).
However, I just mailed them my cancellation notice, as I'm broadband now.
(Anyone know of a decent free dialup ISP?)

    -XaOs-
xaos at kc.rr.com
 -David Goth-