Microsoft To Publish Linux

Brian Densmore bjdensmr at epsi.net
Sat Aug 26 03:46:56 CDT 2000

Sorry for the confusion.

   4 boxes currently installed and running. A bunch of cd's and floppies.

Box 1: dual boot - Linux RedHat 6.1 with a recompiled 2.2.16 kernel;
                              Windows 98  running Fat 32 (sorry forgot, hasn't
been booted in better than 4 months, but is has a lot of my graphics files on
it, so I mount it in Linux) According to box 2 it is using an NTFS file format
(could be the way Samba is reporting it)

Box 2: Windows NT  - (has been a dual boot in the past)

Box 3: Free BSD 3.4

Box 4: Mandrake 5.3 - soon to get 2.2.16 kernel

All others have been installed at one time or another, except for the Novell
Netware 5.

I'm still waiting for Unisys to come out with Mapper for Linux so I can wipe
the Windows 98 off and dial into work from Linux (now I generally use my wife's
NT instead of rebooting my box). My wife won't let me use the other 5 machines
because there's no place to put them, anybody got a good rack? Maybe if I cut a
hole in this wall...

well, hope that clears this up a little. I'm kind of a newbie in Linux, because
I don't get enough time to play with the systems. Still having trouble with the
Red Hat recompiled (the module file links were all messed up, and I can't find
the stupid soundblaster module, but the CD plays! Any clues anyone?)

Brian