Windows 2000 Active directory

Brian Densmore bjdensmr at epsi.net
Sat Aug 26 03:46:52 CDT 2000

Active directory allows for very fast searches, think of grep on steriods. It
does a bunch of other things with files and data, basically N-dimensional
categorizing. I read in Linux Mag/Journal/Extreme (or sys admin, read so
freaking much I can't keep them straight) that someone is working on an active
directory for linux - think it was IBM or Compaq. Saw Bill (boo, hiss) demo it
last year, no big deal in my book ( looked good over multiple T3 line though!
;) ).

For what its worth
Brian