ISP Linux support

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Tue Aug 22 20:41:48 CDT 2000

I currently use worldinter.net (same as kcinter.net).  It can be as low as
$9.95/mo. if you pay for a year up front, I think they allow you to pay
monthly your first year.  But, you could also try sunflower.org at $79/yr.

In reality, any ISP where they will give you the DNS IP numbers and a phone
number to dial and that's all you need.  On the email side you need the name
of the pop and smtp servers to configure your mail client.  Normally
mail.ispname.com will work for both.  The thing to watch out for an ISP that
makes you run special/custom software (e.g. AOL, Netzero).  If you see this,
go the other way really fast.

I probably oversimplified for you, but hopefully someone out there who has
joined the list recently can use this info.

Brian