ISP Linux support

Walter Dunz Zscoundrel at netscape.net
Tue Aug 22 05:20:34 CDT 2000

I used Commercial Open Systems Inc. in Westport for almost a year before I
went with a cable modem.  They were good, a little pricey, but they used Linux
6.1 on all their PC's.  They let me come down a take a tour of the facility
which I thought was pretty cool.  I don't think I ever got a busy signal or
had a problem that wasn't the result of my fat fingers or failure to
understand or follow the dFAQs and MAN pages!

Now I am using Road Runner, mostly because I am too far from the switch for
DSL - for now.  Just be sure to use a firewall to keep the heathens out of
your system.  I am using a Linksys Cable/DSL router and firewall and it seems
to be doing the job.

Kendric Beachey <ak at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Mike Coleman wrote:
> ><SFIKE at twa.com> writes:
> >> I was just wondering what some of you are using for Internet Service
Providers