Linux as a Substitute for Citrix Metaframe

Forrest Dickinson fdickinson at morganhunter.com
Fri Aug 18 19:42:15 CDT 2000

I apologize for not being clear.  To make this clearer I will describe my setup
from the client machines perspective.
The home clients start the VNCviewer and log into the the linux box that they
are assigned to.  Once they are logged in they start Win4Lin on the linux box
(this boots win98 on the linux box) after win98 boots (this takes about 5
seconds on the linux box) they start lotus notes and go to work.  Running this
setup allows me to have as many windows sessions running on one linux box as I
have Win4Lin licenses for.  And the reason I am running to different flavors of
linux is that I am trying to see which one performs better in this role.  Of
course if there was Notes client for linux this would be a lot simpler.