breathing new life into an old box

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at askpioneer.com
Tue Aug 15 13:13:59 CDT 2000

I like MuLinux the best.  You will need 8MB of Ram, but you can load however
much of the distro you want.  It takes four or five floppies for the whole
thing or as few as one for command line only.  They have several desktops to
choose from (FVWM95, afterstep, motif), a working browser and mail client.
Check it out here: http://sunsite.auc.dk/mulinux/ or
http://home.snafu.de/khz/mirror/ .  You will have to download to your PC and
make the disks for him.  Read the instructions a couple of times before you
do it.  Good Luck,
Brian