Install Floppy

Gerald Combs gerald at zing.org
Sat Aug 5 16:37:17 CDT 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Gene and Amy Dascher wrote:

> 	How do I create a network install boot disk from the iso images on my
> RedHat 6.1 CDROM without booting up to Windows and using rawrite?

Are you talking about the boot.img, bootnet.img and pcmcia.img files in
the "images" directory on the CD?  To create a network install disk, run

    dd if=bootnet.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k count=1

According to the README at the top of the RH 6.1 CD, the bootnet image
should be the only one you need to install over a network.