Spam...

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Fri Apr 14 16:03:22 CDT 2000

Randy Rathbun wrote:

> While I hate to see Frank leave the list, I have to agree with him. I am
> getting more spam through this list than I do through any of my other
> accounts. Any spam is too much spam, especially when it can be stopped
> before it ever sees the light of day.
>
> It's been fun dudes.
>
> Randy

> On 4/14/00 at 9:56 AM Frank Wiles wrote:
>
> >So long and thanks for all the spam...
> >
> > -------------------------------
> >  Frank Wiles <frank at wiles.org>
> >  http://frank.wiles.org
> > -------------------------------

Hate to see you go...  Will you be checking the archive list on
the website?  I think we can safely delete the spam from there.

It seems that people are extremely intolerant of spam lately.
I don't see what the big deal is, I just hit delete.

It's not like the spammers have our home email addresses (yet).

I see spam as the price of having email.  It only takes fractions
of a second to categorize it as spam, then barely longer to delete
it.  Not to say that I like it, but to bug out on a mail list
because of 5 peices of junk email among several hundred legitimate
postings seems odd.  I admit we've been spending bandwidth talking
about what to do about the spam, too, but bear with us for a while.

I propose that we immediately lock down the list to subscribers
only.  Anyone who wants to post from another account can send it
to me and I'll post it.

Regards,

Tony