Hello

michael d hoskins michael.d.hoskins at mail.sprint.com
Thu Apr 13 16:28:26 CDT 2000

Try this site: http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/firewall/ and
click in "Configure Firewall" in the upper left frame.  Read
"Installation Notes," also in the upper left frame.  Be sure to use
ipchains, unless you're running an absolutely ancient relic of a kernel
(2.0.x series, for example.)  I'd recommend RedHat 6.x or a close cousin
for this site.

What you'll get from this "Wizard-like" configuration tool on the web is
a single text file (script) that should be run.  This web site can help
you create a router/firewall/NAT (masquerade)/server box rather easily.

Look at the text file it creates, download it, and follow the
"Installation Notes."  If you're using DHCP, look at either pump or
dhcpcd notes, otherwise skip them and move down to static for steps 6
and later.