Members-only list

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Apr 12 15:57:24 CDT 2000

My vote still lies with the "only subsribed can send" list.  In the long
run I think it will work out much better -- or at least it has on the lists
that I've been on with a lot of volume.  I hate to say it, but there are a
lot of car nuts (the lists that I'm on and help admin for) that aren't
"techie" people (like here ??) and they function just fine with that method
of getting and responding to mail.  If your not careful you'll soon have
every yahoo in the world setting up email accounts and replying to the
list.   It's a real pain in the butt if someone wants to email someone
privately on the list -- which email do we use?   If we send something to a
company email does it get there or pass through ??? hands.

I think we're jumping through a lot of hoops for the minority benefit
rather than the greater good.

-- Bradley Miller