off topic reply to kclug - Website access

Altona Duston hald at sound.net
Sat Dec 18 17:47:58 CST 1999

CRRoot at dstsystems.com wrote:

> Would you not say that conforming in a nonconformist world is essentially
> an act of nonconformism?
>
> Just curious.

Yes, so many people are trying to be a nonconformist, that some times I feel
as if I am the only one you isn't (But,...but,... I don't WANT to be
different,
I want to be the same...) ;)  It was that way all the way through high
school,
many of my classmates were rebelling against 'sameness', (and frequently all
in the same way to...go figure.)  I was one of very few people who did not
rebel against anything, and therefore did not fit in (Sound familiar?)  I
believe
that a certain amount of diversity is good, but it is not a silver bullet.  I
really
like that new 1/2 price commercial, (all together now) IT'S THE SAME THING!!!

Through the eighties, many business rebelled against the I.S. Department and
went to this new-fangled PC thingy (with MSware).  I resisted as long as I
could
and didn't get my first PC until 1991 (a 386 and retired it this year).  I
could be
accused of being a luddite, because I just yesterday did my first ECommerce
transaction.  I first saw Unix (or Xenix) in 198? on some kind of TRS-80.
Took
my first class in it in 1985/6 and really liked it  I found BSD386 in 1992,
but didn't
have any way to get it to my machine, and finally got Linux in 1994/5.

We now return you to alt.talk.politics.hal.rambles.on.

Hal Duston
hald at sound.net
Boring is good
A conformist in a nonconformist world