<snip> "Ugh, did this show up on Digg or something? This has been known for years, but this is the second time in as many days I've seen someone get panicked about it." </snip> Gosh, I better not remind the group that the Sun will burn out in a few million years. It will probably become a red giant and swallow the Earth before it collapses. We better start building our REALLY GOOD bunkers now! ;) <- notice the winky face???
That's the sun's Y3M bug. SHHH dont' start a panic all so soon! On Jan 16, 2008 6:04 PM, James R. Sissel <JimSissel@yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip> "Ugh, did this show up on Digg or something? This has been known for years, but this is the second time in as many days I've seen someone get panicked about it." </snip>
Gosh, I better not remind the group that the Sun will burn out in a few million years. It will probably become a red giant and swallow the Earth before it collapses. We better start building our REALLY GOOD bunkers now! ;) <- notice the winky face???
_______________________________________________ Kclug mailing list Kclug@kclug.org http://kclug.org/mailman/listinfo/kclug
I think you mean the Sun's Y3B bug. You might want to move that decimal point just a smidge. Not to worry, though we will not have to worry about it. The AAztecs have already calculatedthe end of the world in their calendar. Unfortunately modern scholars can't agree whether that date is 2012, 2028, 22xx, 7812, or some other number. The ancient Chinese calculation for the end of the world is amazingly accurate for the burnout of the Sun. It's based on a 64 piece Tower of Hanoi played by the Gods. Brian --- Billy Crook <billycrook@gmail.com> wrote:
That's the sun's Y3M bug. SHHH dont' start a panic all so soon!
On Jan 16, 2008 6:04 PM, James R. Sissel <JimSissel@yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip> "Ugh, did this show up on Digg or something? This has been known for years, but this is the second time in as many days I've seen someone get panicked about it." </snip>
Gosh, I better not remind the group that the Sun will burn out in a few million years. It will probably become a red giant and swallow the Earth before it collapses. We better start building our REALLY GOOD bunkers now! ;) <- notice the winky face???
_______________________________________________ Kclug mailing list Kclug@kclug.org http://kclug.org/mailman/listinfo/kclug
_______________________________________________ Kclug mailing list Kclug@kclug.org http://kclug.org/mailman/listinfo/kclug
Billy Crook wrote:
That's the sun's Y3M bug. SHHH dont' start a panic all so soon!
And don't forget the entropy bug: http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html -- Thanks, Kyle Sexton
participants (4)
-
Billy Crook -
Jack -
James R. Sissel -
Kyle Sexton