figured out my intermittent crash I was complaining about at the meeting

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 14:18:28 CST 2024

What was happening was, I was using __PACKAGE__->log instead of $me->log to
log
when there was a locking problem -- which is of course intermittent and
random -- and
as the ->log method uses properties of the passed instance variable in
determining the name
of the file to log to, it failed (as designed.)

Score:
     David's carelessness when hacking late at night: 1
     David's prudent use of HCF on minor errors to expose deeper problems: 1

Conclusion: risk mitigation strategy effective.

I trust the library got their cable back. I'm curious as to if it got
deployed any after I left.

--dln

--
"Lay off that whiskey, and let that cocaine be!" -- Johnny Cash