Weird memory issue

Kendric Beachey kendric.beachey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 11:39:37 CST 2011

Hi all, thanks for all the feedback.

I hoped to devote some time to this over the weekend but I didn't get
enough time to solve it.  However, I did manage to pull some more
info.

These are the memory modules in question...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178164  (I
ordered two sets of two.)

Also I've attached a photograph of the memory config page in my BIOS.
If you take it off of "automatic" there are two manual options.  One
of them just lets you make changes, while the other, called
"aggressive", assigns some values but lets you change them.

I couldn't find any settings for memory voltage, but is that implicit
in these settings?

I did toy around with changing some of the settings, mainly forcing it
to 667 MHz as that's what the memory is really supposed to be rated
for.  For the others I tried a few changes but not much as I didn't
know what was plausible.  Nothing allowed all four sticks to work at
once.

If I'd had more time to spend, I'd have done better research on what
the settings mean, etc...sorry not to have done so yet.

Kendric Beachey