GPL Vs FCC Vs Common Sense- A triangular entanglement that defies easy reconciliation.

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 23:21:12 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:

> I read the words, but I don't know what it said, and now I have a
> headache.

I think Oren is worried that someone at Down Under Campground
will modify their wifi card so it generates noise in the government-only
"SPACE RES. (E-S)(s-s)" band starting at 2.025GHz,  which is
apparently reserved for beacon-targeting low-orbit death ray
satellites, and the results will be bad, what with those systems being
currently armed due to the ongoing war in Iraq and all.

They run Linux, you know, for dependability.  If you legally obtain a
beacon-targetable low-orbit death ray satellite, you can get its source
code and improve it.