video cards

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Fri Apr 4 15:00:48 CDT 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 9:14 PM, bewkard wrote:

> Is anyone using newer (~ 1 year or newer) video cards that are
> supported by some flavor of linux?  If so, do you have any comments?
>
> I'm researching for a new box, so any info is appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Tim Reid

Did you ever find any satisfactory answers to your question?

I have a 9800XT in my Dual G5 that works pretty well in my own Linux
systems I build, other than that,
I normally don't use any kind of driver from ati or nvidia or
whatever, I just use the driver in the kernel, and the radeon driver
in Xorg.

Used to ATI cards had real fast frame buffers, I've used my 8800GTS
G92, and it is pretty fast, still.

Don't have anything newer than those two items.

Sincerely,

William Harrington