Selling my semi-new project PC.

feba thatl febaen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 00:32:45 CDT 2008

I tested the waters on this back in October, and I do need to sell it.
I'd rather give it to (and deal with) one of you than some random
craiglist person, so I'm putting it up here first. For info on it,
what I wrote back then will suffice:

> a bit of backstory, I actually purchased the parts for this in March, put it
> together, didn't work, half a dozen RMAs later I finally get a working CPU,
> GPU, and mbrd, but then I find my old computer's monitor doesn't work with
> it. It SEEMS to boot fine, but again since my monitor doesn't work I can't
> be sure, and you'd have to get it working with your own monitor and such.
>
>  ASUS P5N32-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard -
> Retail  (Hurray for copy/paste)
>  Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6700
> - Retail
> 2 GB of RAM, DDR2. The RAM sticks are 1066, but the motherboard only goes up
> to DDR2 800.
>  EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
> HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
>  Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard
> Drive - OEM
>  LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black SATA Model
> LH-20A1S - Retail
>  MITSUMI Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 digital card reader with Floppy
> Drive - OEM
>
> And for the case and powersupply (again, unsure of the old computer)
>  XCLIO WTSL Fully Silver Finish 1.0mm SECC/ ABS ATX Full Tower Computer Case
> - Retail
>  Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails
> - Retail

I got a new monitor, and still have had no luck with getting a picture
to show up. Without a way to see what's going on, and no other
computers to pop parts into to see if something is fried, I'm at a
dead end. I don't know if there is a piece of hardware that doesn't
work or what, but obviously **it's being sold as-is**. I have the user
manuals for the CPU, DVD drive, case, graphics card, power supply, and
motherboard. Other than that, I can't promise I'll be able to find all
the loose ends (boxes, papers, cables and parts I didn't need),
although I believe most or all of the case parts are inside a storage
bin inside the case itself (it came with the case, which is pretty
sweet). It does not come with a monitor. I can toss in some crappy
five cent keyboard and MS mouse I have, and Ubuntu CDs, if you need
them (although I doubt anyone here does).

I'm looking for 1k; parts would cost about 1200 to buy new, and I
spent at least 1800 on it. Unless whatever isn't working is the CPU,
you should have no problem replacing it and still getting it at a good
price. I should be able to show it to anyone interested any reasonable
time this weekend or next week. It can be plugged in to show it's
current state of working and lack-thereof if you're interested. Keep
in mind that it is a very large case, so if you have problems carrying
heavier or larger items, you might want to get a friend to help you
get it out of your car and into your house.