video cards

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 22:34:21 CDT 2008

--- bewkard <bewkard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone using newer (~ 1 year or newer) video
> cards that are supported by some flavor of linux?
> If so, do you have any comments?
>
> I'm researching for a new box, so any info is
> appreciated.

While there are those on the list who will express
outrage at this comment, nVidia has done a wonderful
job of providing Linux binary drivers for its line of
video cards, as well as real S-Video ports on its
video cards.  While the drivers are closed-source
proprietary drivers, they do work very well.

ATi has proprietary S-Video ports (with *7* pins?) so
I don't care for them at all.  Lose their
pseudo-S-Video dongle and be prepared to pay through
the nose for another one.