Would Lin?ux have been affected by such virus preloads

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 11:07:15 CST 2007

It also occurs to me that, a few years ago, the Apple
IPod was selling for $250, while 6GB Compact Flash
(CF) cards were selling for $400.  Since the IPod at
the time contained a 6GB CF card, many people who
desired 6GB CF cards bought an IPod merely to rip out
the CF card, saving themselves $150.

Since some manufacturers and distributors offer
discounts when ordering in bulk, a government agency
which needed (basic example) 1000 regular hard drives
and 1000 portable hard drives might have been ordering
2000 portable hard drives for the discount, then
ripping 1000 of them out of their cases and installing
them in computers.