Have you seen THIS? Most of it seems right up our alley in scripting to outdo...

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:28:13 CST 2007

This thing looks like it works the way Avaya does for me.  A person calls my
company's main number, then my extension, and the Avaya IP Agent lets me
know a call is coming in.  I click a button to accept the call, pick up a
phone in my home office, and I'm connected to that customer, who has no idea
I'm not in our corporate HQ in Tampa unless I tell them I'm actually in KC.
If I had this setup on a company laptop, I could go anywhere, put in the
phone number I'm at, and be able to take calls on this "Virtual PBX".

(I also use it to make outgoing calls, but that may not be a feature of this
service.)

I would expect ISPs like Time-Warner Cable that are offering local phone
service to package some of the features of this service (like forwardable
voice mail, call screening, forwarding etc.) to gain marketshare from the
RBOCs.