ASUS Eee PC for sale at MicroCenter

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:46:13 CST 2007

On 11/5/07, Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> It'd be kinda silly if they shipped it not working, wouldn't it?
>
> This is not to say that it's all gonna work on some other distro you randomly
> load on it, but it does prove that it can be done.

There is custom blob driver for the OEM Xandros it ships with, and
changing distros seems to need running NDISwrapper with the included
XP driver.  I haven't seen word if my assumption of a kernel limit of
the RAM is in place.  The system sees 2GB in BIOS and XP on the system
does but booting the OEM Xandros only shows 1GB available.  I
theorized that they had the kernel built with a RAM limit.  I haven't
had a reply form someone who was able to try another Linux distro with
2GB.

Jon.