Do we have an ITEC booth?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 21:53:23 CST 2007

--- Jon Pruente <jdpruente at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/3/07, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > I was hoping I could do better but my current
> > demo machine is a 1Ghz system with 512MB RAM.
> > Not bad for some things but probably not a
> > Beryl/Compiz machine.
>
> Depending on your GPU and your use of a decent
> driver it might work.  I've run Beryl on a
> P3 933 and a GF2 MX200 32MB card, using the
> nVidia binary drivers.

Right now the GPU is the onboard video, and I don't
recall Ubuntu mentioning the proprietary nVidia
drivers during the install.  I'll have to see if I can
find a decent nVidia PCI card for it in the next
couple of days.

Nice little "pizza box" computer though.  It has
built-in sound which Ubuntu recognized, and its
internal speaker is more like external speakers than
the old-time tinny beeper.