Pirate Banned from Using Linux

Jestin Stoffel jestin.stoffel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:02:20 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 09:35 -0700, Julie wrote:
> Pirate Banned from Using Linux
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/23/190238&from=rss

I read about this.  It seems the government wants to spy on him, but
they don't want to take the effort to do so.  While the debate over what
constitutes as piracy is another issue, as well as what is a just
punishment, I am a little upset by this.  I would be more comfortable if
he was banned from using a computer at all.  I don't like legal
precedence for the government being able to choose your operating system
for you.  On a brighter note, this shows it's harder for the government
to spy on you if you use Linux.