Cups - lpoptions - I Dunno?!?!

RtX riverty at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:45:49 CST 2006

Sometimes it seems that you have all the bases covered in your post
but under stress you leave things out. Sorry.

System here is Xubuntu 6.06 LTS (Debian). CUPS V-1.2.2. Okidata ML 320 Turbo.

I found a post on the net where someone had the same issue. Upgrading
from on old SCO box to Linux. They said this:

<-- snip -->

Since CUPS supports modern formats and languages, the sample drivers
have to run your printers in graphics mode, which is significantly
slower than the text mode used by the old SCO (System V) print
spooler.

The simplest fix is to use the interface scripts from your old server
with CUPS:

     lpadmin -p printername -i scriptname.sh

<-- snip -->

I don't have access to the old system as it has sunk to "not working"
yesterday. I gotta get this printer to print in text mode (high
speed). Anything else you need, just ask.

--
RtX...

Ty Unes - Overland Park, Ks.
riverty at gmail.com