Fwd: [DISCUSS] 10 Good Unix command line habits

Luke-Jr luke at dashjr.org
Sun Dec 17 00:54:40 CST 2006

Notes:
In "Quote variables with caution", it says to use square brackets, and then
goes on to give a correct example with curly braces.
"Stop piping cats" only refers to piping to grep, but in reality there's
almost never a good reason to pipe a single-file cat. The < operator provides
a file on standard input. So "cat foo | wc -l" can become "wc -l < foo"

On Sunday 17 December 2006 05:47, Don Ellis wrote:
> KC Guys - I thought you might like to see this item.
>
> --Don Ellis

I digitally sign my emails.  If you see an attachment with .asc, then that
means your email client doesn't support PGP digital signatures.
http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/faqs.html#q1.1