Dan's Guardian

Dale Beams drbeams at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 17:23:02 CST 2006

It's not the GPL that is muddy.  It is statements such as (c) and the
following;

Quote "All contributions from other authors are vetted and incorporated by
me (Daniel Barron). All contributors automatically hand over all copyright
to me. What contributors get in return is fame, the feature they want, the
bug they fixed incorporated, and a warm fuzzy feeling that they are also
helping others who get the software for free."

I did note that Smoothwall is listed on his website.  Draw conclusions as
you choose.

I have looked at a few other filtering solutions and they are up front about
the seperation of the software and the blacklist.  The software is GPL and
free, the blacklist is not.

Yes, I would be interested in working on an alternative solution that works.
  I understand I could use DG under the GPL as I choose. but I would prefer
using and improving software that is very clear GPL or very clear not.