internal temperature sensor?

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:36:46 CST 2006

Message from syslogd at justice at Fri Dec  8 15:29:07 2006 ...
justice kernel: CPU0: Temperature above threshold

when I was fiddling with the BIOS of my fancy new 1U server,
I set "fan always on" to "turn fan on when exceeding temperature"
but apparently the temperature there is not low enough to blow
the heat out when I do something CPU-intensive (such as run
my .sig for twenty minutes)

Who knows how to find out what the current temperature is?
Is it in /proc/misc or somewhere?

This new-fangled magic is beyond me; in my days when the computers
overheated, they simply caught fire and halted.

--
perl -le'1while(1x++$_)=~/^(11+)\1+$/||print'