Linux / Sco Stuff.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 13:44:28 CST 2006

On 12/8/06, Monty J. Harder <mjharder at gmail.com> wrote:

> "no network option" in SCO doesn't mean "no NIC", it means that it's the
> Host version of SCO, rather than Enterprise.  It has no TCP/IP stack.  No
> ifconfig.
>
> <NetNazi>NO NETWORK FOR YOU!</NetNazi>
>
> On 12/8/06, Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO <brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov >
> wrote:
> >

> > I may have an old ISA network card in my basement, or Oren has it from
> > when he took all my extra old cards.   You'd have to get drivers and put
> > on floppy, but that would be another answer.   I think I probably have a
> > few 3Com ISA cards come to think of it.  3C509-TPO   Great cards.
>

> >>have an IDE bus, main system HDD is SCSI (328MB). No network option,

>  A possible "Last resort first" fix seems possible with this.

http://www.usbgear.com/USB-TO-SCSI.html

Under $75 delivered or better prices from Ebay or local shops- but it SHOULD
work.
And after the "project " is doen, either keep it in your toolset or use it
to wipe and  format
ALL the stack of SCSI drives in your collection- possibily even using them
for "Offsite Data Buckets" of  data to be safe deposit boxed etc.

Oren