Democracy TV

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Sun Dec 3 20:11:35 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 10:10 -0600, lowell wrote:
> Folks,
>    Saw this on /. and wondered if anybody had tried it yet?

I have tried it; it's too slow. Unfortunately they implemented the
entire UI and computational logic in an interpreted scripting language.
So, all the flashy spinning animations eat 100% CPU and cause
exeptionally slow response. On top of that load, it's also a Bittorrent
client.

It's a nice idea and they have some nice content.

>  Also
> wondered if I stood a chance of getting it to work on my Thinkpad T20
> running last version of Redhat (9.0)? Would getting the tarball and
> building it on the machine work any better than stepping into rpm hell
> with the binary?

Redhat 9 is way too old.