Linux, Zaurus, cheap wireless internet

Jared jared at hatwhite.com
Thu Jun 30 17:46:38 CDT 2005

Jared wrote:
> So I have this idea that you could take a Zaurus-like box
> stripped down to bare minimum and have it dedicated
> to running a single application, Mozilla. Plug in a
> wireless card, and make enough of them to sell for about
> $100 or $200, cheap enough for poor people to afford.

Wow. It just was released, and runs on Debian:

http://www.maemo.org/index.html

The Nokia 770 device will sell for about $300 initially.
Now I gotta go find a city council who can sponsor all the poor
people in the city owning one of these.

I've been thinking of this idea for years, now it is
finally viable. Yay.

-Jared