Firefox sercurity questions

Isaac C. wyrder42 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 16:59:24 CDT 2005

wrote:

>>On Friday 10 June 2005 08:02 pm, Leo Mauler wrote:
>>

>>>This is happening right now in Firefox 1.0.
>>>I don't understand it either.
>>>

>>>This never happens in Mozilla (hint, hint to the
>>>Mozilla people thinking of killing off the
Mozilla
>>>browser...).
>>>

>>Uhm, Leo?  Firefox IS the Mozilla browser. Mozilla
>>is just Firefox plus a bunch of other stuff.
>>Firefox is Mozilla is Mosaic
>>

>No, Firefox != Mozilla.  Firefox is based on the
Gecko
>engine and Mozilla is based on the Gecko engine, but
>the two browsers are very different.
>
>Also Mozilla gives a lot more control over the
>browsing experience than Firefox does, and I dislike
>many of the context-sensitive menus (for example,
when
>I right click on a Tab I am usually trying to close
>it, not open a "New Tab").

I like Firefox's smallishness.  For the tabs thing, I
installed the Tabbed Browsing extension.  It lets me
close tabs by middle clicking them.  (maybe Mozilla
lets you do that to?  I don't know. *shrug*)

Mozilla or Firefox--either way, isn't choice a
beautiful thing? :-)

--
Furry cows moo and decompress.